Monday, May 22, 2006

Progress

I read once that Marian Keyes writes in bed with a laptop propped up on her knees ( hence the title of her book 'Under the Duvet'. I remember thinking it unlikely that anyone could be really productive in such a postion but as I finally (finally finally!) wrote the big climax chapter of my novel today whilst supine on my plump two seater sofa, head on a cushion, feet under a quilt, tea at my side I may have to reconsider. It's an exorable first draft but it is there in black and white and I feel that I can free wheel a bit now going bcak and filling in all the gaps and mopping up all the inconsitencies before I tackle the final denouement chapter. Then, all of you who volunteered to recieve a beribboned box with the full first draft - get ready! Suddenly it is all looking more acheivable. Of course the email that arrived from Hodder and Staughton today asking me to write a new edition of Family Law Key Facts by the end of summer might distract a bit.....

1 comment:

Keris Stainton said...

Yay! Well done. You should be proud!