Friday, September 15, 2006

City and Guilds - Lines (2): Photos

Blogger seems to like me today so here are my lines in the environment near the Novotel in Leeds:
Curved lines and straight along the canal walk.
Doesn't this construction site look like it is bordered with flying geese?
These photos are of 'the Bourse' a concave glass fronted building that reflects the old building opposite in its glass gridded front. If you move angles as you look at it the segments of the old building change.



The carpet in my hotel corridor!
Page from my sketchbook.

1 comment:

Diane Perin said...

Helen! I am so glad you are blogging about this! The idea of finding and drawing and studying and playing with lines is so simple--and yet few of us ever really do it. I love the photos you took and the sketches you made...very inspiring! You've inspired me to try to focus on this and play with drawing, too. Please continue to blog about your lessons...I'd love to follow along!