Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Dressmaking

I have just had my first foray into dressmaking since I was forced to make some hideous floral pinafore dress at school ( which of course was never finished and would never have been worn if it was). The wonderful Yvonne at Morceau in Penrith talked me into having a go and I have to say my first attempt was no where near as frightening as I thought it would be. I took advantage of my new four day a week working schedule to go to a class on a Monday which is much quieter than the quilting class and was able to make, in a day this.....

As you can see its not hemmed yet but I'm going to do that by hand which means I can take it to Leeds and do it in the hotel tonight. I'm contemplating some beading on it too... now I really am geting carried away!

No comments: