Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Staying put

Ok, so the verdicts in the comments seems to be that I don't go off to Irian Jaya. The point Purple Missus makes about not getting fabrics so easily out there is a very valid one and I am not saying that you are wrong in your view. I just, as a lawyer, trained in putting both sides of the argument, thought it appropriate to add in some argument for the other side: much as I love fabric, sometimes the lack of it can seem an advantage.



A special thank you today to Brenda who stopped me jumping out of a window. I was trying to provide British Patchwork and Quilting Magazine with some illustrations for an article and knew that once, I had been able to get EQ5 patterns to save as BITMAP files so that I could convert them to a JPG File? But could I remember how to do it? No. (And if you are thinking: what on earth is she talking about, no I don't understand the difference. I just know that one is accepted by them and one is not!). So, after at least an hour of trying and as I was getting really frustrated about wasting an unexpected day at home, I emailed Brenda in Australia who sent the answer back within seconds. Isn't the Internet and blogging a brilliant thing?

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I think you know I'm a poster child for the quilt projects that get started and then take 10 years (no problem!) to get finished -- I don't work continuously at all but am just better at starting than finishing. I was so proud that Dean was only 6 when I finished his baby quilt! I'll work on getting some photos taken so I can show these long, drawn out efforts. But I'm also a person of constancy in many things -- have lived in the same house for 17 years, worked at the same company for 16 years before making a switch, etc. The energy for excitement and variation (in SOME things) comes from having the basics (essentials?) nailed down....

Purple Missus said...

LOL. Don't you think though that this chappy would look far more presentable with a nicely quilted poser pouch?