Sunday, March 02, 2008

Bags

I have been browsing on line looking at bag shapes, seeking inspiration for a bag I need to make for my City and Guilds course. Of course there are so many bag shapes I don't know where to start really - making a choice is never my strong point. However, I certainly know where to finish. No lap top bag can be more beautiful than this one.

I want, I want, I want......

But whether I get or not I must still make. These sites look helpful:

U handbags for supplies
And their blog with tutorials
This site links to other free patterns
More handles here

I found this little video tutorial when looking for alternatives to zips - not quite what I had in mind but a good tip anyway! ( But you have to ponder why he needs to fasten that bag - it would be empty in my house... watch it to see what I am on about!)

This site and this one have nothing to with bags (well, there are some on the latter one, but only a few) but are stuffed with bright art works. Yum Yum

2 comments:

Garnered Stitches said...

When on the free pattern site go and watch the Duct Tape/ Electrical Tape YouTube clip if you've 10 minutes to kill - Bet it would go down a storm if you submitted something like it for C&G!!!!

Ali Honey said...

I like "This One," too, but I'm not sure about the handles they have used. good luck - bags are such fun and a great personal statement.