Friday, March 27, 2009

Inspired in Runcorn

Further to yesterday's post about textile art at The Brindley, Runcorn, I sat for a while in the cafe journalling, in part about looking for inspiration in places I assumed to be uninspiring. It didn't take long to find potential sources. These two photos were taken in the carpark of the centre.

A decaying roof...



and a window in a remaining wall of an otherwise derelict building.Feel free to beat me to making something based on these photos if they tickle your fancy.
Today I set off for Durham for a distance learner day at Stitchbusiness, hopefully via the Quilt Museum in York. No doubt there will be more inspiration in store.

1 comment:

Garnered Stitches said...

Thanks for leaving a comment, the big discs on the sequin sample are "big washers" and I believe are called "boshers" in the scrapbooking world. I found them in the scrapbooking section of a local craft shop in a nice selection of colours.
best wishes