Saturday, July 04, 2009

Rain blessed rain ( and other good things)

Finally the hot, muggy, sticky weather has broken and we have rain. The last few days I have been so sweaty and uncomfortable that doing anything has been a huge effort. Dennis was, however, a little uncharacteristically unsympathetic when I was moaning about being hot yesterday. He pointed out that if I had not been lying on the couch for hours watching Andy Murray crash out of Wimbledon ( NOT a surprise!), whilst at the same time balancing my heat producing laptop on my stomach and playing with Squarespace, I might be cooler. He needs to reminded that husbands who are right should be seen but not heard!

Anyway - the postman was not too hot to bring me the gorgeous mini quilt above from the Spring Fling swap. I did the gekko centre and he has been travelling around the world to Canada and back. Today I hand quilted the one I need to send off. It took 5 hours and you can't really see what I did. This is why I machine quilt. I can't show it until the recipient has it so I will instead show you this little mini quilt which was made during the week as a a sample. It is meant to be the bottom panel of a larger pieceAnd then the last good thing for today. My Mum just rang. She stumbled across an advert in a magazine. Did I know the Soweto Gospel Choir were coming to Liverpool in September? NO!! I love that choir. You may know them as the African Choir at the Nelson Mandela Birthday concert in Hyde Park. I now have a front row centre ticket. Just one. Dennis declined to come and will voluntarily miss a fantastic show. See - he is not always right!

2 comments:

Donna said...

I thought you had Denise well trained to know when it was best to just remain silent... brave if foolish soul to point out your contribution to your own discomfort! :-)

floribunda said...

what a great round robin! I still need to quilt the one I'm sending off, and can't wait to see what happened to my center -- I haven't seen any sneak peeks that look like they might be mine...