Sunday, July 05, 2009

Sketchbook Sundays

Recently we have initiated a little habit called Sketchbook Sunday. It starts with me piling a basket high with art stuff and inspiring books and then we drive 14 miles to Cedar Farm which is out in the country in a village called Mawdsley, arriving about 11.30am. Most Sundays we simply spend two or three hours in the coffee house at this art and petting farm complex, sprawled on squishy sofas playing in my sketchbook and having coffee and cake, or in my case one of their many teas and cake. Dennis brings a book.Because we hit it at Sunday lunch time it is quiet and I can take up as much room as I like. And I like to have a whole sofa with my feet up and they let me.

The complex has lots of inspiring and amusing little things to see. (Spot the Indian inspired crazy patchwork cushions they have all over.)



I particularly like these bad hair day chickens.





Some Sundays we splash out and move over to the courtyard cafe for lunch. If it's nice you can sit outside, but nice in the UK can be a temporary thing.so we like this little table set under a cover just in case. If you look carefully you will see the window belongs to the of the art shop and so you can eat and look at Trimmit beads at the same time! And the food... well, judge for yourself!

4 comments:

Margeeth said...

Wow, that food looks great, I am getting hungry!

Jude said...

Can I come next time..........

Kristin L said...

I wanna come too!

Anonymous said...

what a lovely way to spend Sunday. you have the nicest hubbie in the world. that lunch looks lovely. ploughmans lunch and spotted dick looks a bit different to how i remember :)