Monday, March 01, 2010

Trentham Granden show relocation

This is a post for UK readers really (or travelling foreign readers I suppose).

I have been asked to publicise the fact that the Events Pavillion at Trentham collapsed recently after a heavy fall of snow. Trentham Estates are unable to be certain that they will be able to repair or replace the structure in time for The Trentham Gardens quilt show on  9th, 10th and 11th April, but the organiser, Margaret, has managed to relocate to Uttoxeter Racecourse and Conference Centre, Wood Lane, Uttoxeter, Staffordshire, ST14 8BD for the same dates. This venue is a short drive from Trentham and so you can still combine the show with the gardens at Trentham if you wish to do so.  (Joint tickets remain available) Directions are available here.

My favourite trader Magie Relph of  the African Fabric Shop will be there as ususal and I doubt I shall be able to resist her Ghananian batiks!





Although, given the amount of fabric I accumulated recently maybe I will just binge on her beads. But what colour? These recycled glass beads are all so pretty and the big ones come on elastic circles just like the edible braclets we used to get as a kid.

Maybe I will go multi colured with these plastic beads which come on sticks - you are supposed to pull them off but sometimes I like to couch down the stick.

And then of course there is the perle threads she sells in set of three co-ordinating colours which I love to quilt with ....

No comments: