Monday, September 20, 2010

Good and bad news

The good news - finally (but not until Talk Talk reduced Dennis to tears with their appalling service and need to spend hours on the phone to call centres who did anything but what they said they would do) the home wifi is working! I am back in blogland!

The bad news. The electrician came to check the electrics in the new house. His exact comment on this socket? "Bloody hell. Don't use this one!"

His comment on our fuse box? "This is twenty years old. Its working fine but it will go eventually. And when it goes, normally I would say you will never get a part for it, but actually I've got an old one for parts in my garage. And you know where I got that from? Its the one I took out of your last house."

Well, its nice to recycle isn't it?!

3 comments:

Pat said...

Good to have you back in blogland. If it's any consolation you are not alone with Talk Talk - we moved at the end June and had no telephone until the end of July (BT) and then had to wait another 10 days for internet access (SKY). As we were having difficulties with water supply at the time meaning no washing machine, dishwasher or shower I felt that I had gone back in time to 1930's house!
I hope you'll be very happy in your new home.

AJ said...

I hate it when you get bad customer service, and there is nothing you can do about it as the person on the other end of the phone knows that they can hang up on you and don't have to deal with a real person.

Working Mum said...

Uh oh,I don't like the sound of that. Get a circuit breaker. Saved us all from being burned alive in our beds when a light switch started smoking!